Monday, August 20, 2012

PCP - R.I.P. Tony Scott

So today I woke to the news that one of my favorite directors has died, Tony Scott.  Although he never had the critical success of his older brother Ridley, Tony was still a great director in his own right and I was never disappointed by any of his films.  He was the director of my all time favorite 80s flick Top Gun, as well as a number of other great movies.  He will be greatly missed by many in Hollywood and by his fans around the world.  I don't know what drove him to take his own life as the story is still developing at this time, but I hope he has now found peace.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends in this tough time. 

Suicidal thoughts are a struggle for a lot of people, including myself in a dark time in my past before I got therapy.  If you are feeling depressed or considering taking your own life, please seek help before it is too late.  The National Suicide hotline is 1-800-273-8255.

No comments:

Post a Comment