Thursday, August 9, 2012

Update on the blog posting schedule & formatting

So since I relaunched the blog, I have had new content at least once a day for 2 weeks running now.  I hope you're happy with my new output and have liked the redesign (if you have suggestions or feedback hit me up in the comments).   I've had more posts in August than in the prior 4 months combined so far, and by the end of the month I'll have surpassed the total for January - July.  I've decided to look at my posting schedule in terms of how I want to balance it with my life, as well as to prevent me from running out of things to say.  So, going forward this is the plan (in theory of course):

Posts every M, W, & F for sure, usually for the PCP category.  I've already got posts for the next 3 weeks written and scheduled for automatic updating at 730 AM for the entire rest of the month of August.  These posts will continue to be movie reviews of something I catch on Blu-Ray.  Once I clear out my backlog with individual reviews instead of the dump reviews like in months past (15 more reviews to write still, on top of the 10 in the can already scheduled to post) I'll either keep doing movie reviews on these days or change things up and maybe start doing video game, music, or book reviews also.  It all depends on how many movies I can keep watching once fall TV comes back on the air.  I might throw in some TV posts as well.

Random updates whenever I find something that I feel is particularly cool or newsworthy, such as yesterday's Avengers 2 news, posted as often as I have a chance to bang out the words.

Tuesdays and Thursdays will not always have an update, it depends on if anything random happens that day, but if they are more of a planned update they will typically be in the FML or POS category of posts instead of PCP.

PCP Top 10s will be coming back as well once the movie backlog is cleared out, but as those posts take significantly longer to write they probably will be only once a month or so.

Weekend updates will be very unlikely, but you never know.

Oh, and on the format of the blog itself, I'm just curious if anyone else is having this problem:  On the internet browser I have to use at work (Internet Explorer 8 because we can't download Chrome), the fonts for the header of the blog as well as the blog posts displays as the font Comic Sans.  This is not my doing, it is not my font of choice for the blog.  I am curious if anyone else sees this or if this is just happening to me?  It doesn't happen on my home PC, which uses Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment