From a visuals standpoint this film was decent, with cool destruction sequences at the end. Otherwise though, it was a pretty bad movie with a plot ripped off from other films I've seen before. Overall, it was pretty much a waste of an hour and forty-five minutes.
Things I'd wish I'd done rather than watch this movie:
- Listen to Bastille's Pompeii on repeat for 1 hr 45 min. It's a good song, but I'm sure after listening to it that long I'd probably grow sick of it.
- Watch the parts of Titanic again that this film stole the plot from
- Watch the parts of Gladiator again that were again stolen by this film
- Watch star Emily Browning's prior film Sucker Punch again (and I gave that one a 4 when I reviewed it)
- Get spoilers on star Kit Harington's show Game of Thrones directly from George R.R. Martin
- Watch star Kiefer Sutherland's 24 series while being waterboarded
- Spend time with my wife and son
- Spend time working on other reviews for my blog
- Do pretty much anything else