Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary to my amazing wife!

So today, September 18, 2012, is my 8th wedding anniversary to my incredible wife.  I still can't believe how fast the time has flown by.  We've been together overall for 11 years now, and we have a 9 month old son as of his 3/4th birthday tomorrow, but sometimes it still feels like we just got married last week.

Anybody that knows my wife and I know two things:
1.  They are not surprised that she was late to our weddings, both the original on 9/18/04 and our renewal of vows on 9/25/05.
2.  They are probably surprised that we are still together, especially people that knew us 8 years ago.  Heck, even I wasn't sure we would make it when we got married, and I know she wasn't 100% sure either.  I'm curious how many people were betting against our success.

But we did manage to make it, putting in all of the hard work to make our marriage better and stronger, improving our communication and conflict resolution skills, & taking our time to build a very strong foundation for the future before we introduced children into our relationship dynamics.  As a child of divorce myself, I knew I never wanted to bring any kids into an unstable relationship and subject them to what I went through.  Now that we're in the family phase of our relationship, I'm excited and curious to see where our relationship journey goes from here.  All I know is that I know I will enjoy the ride, and I will continue to love my wife more and more each day.  Happy Anniversary sweetheart!  To many more!



2 comments: